Rainier Christian Schools serves families of South King County who are committed to Christian education. The district was created in 1994, following the merger of Kent View Christian Schools and Maple Valley Christian School, each with a rich legacy of Christian education spanning more than 40 years.
Our school programs are designed to educate and develop each student for the glory of God. This is done by encouraging and strengthening each student's personal relationship to Jesus Christ. The educational focus integrates God's Word into all aspects of the learning experience. Rainier Christian Schools does not stress any specific denominational teaching. We strive to emphasize a biblical foundation in all curriculum and programs. In addition to biblical instruction within the classroom, students participate in regular chapel programs, ministry outreach, and short-term missions.
Our commitment to educating students in a Christ-centered environment is whole-hearted. It is our desire to support the efforts between the home and school to train up each child to be the man or woman that God has called him or her to be. We strive to nurture a Christian worldview so that each child can become a true servant-leader, impacting the world for Christ through family, church, work, and world around them.
It is the policy of RCS not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in the admission and access to, or treatment or employment in its programs or activities. As a religious educational institution, RCS is permitted and reserves the right to prefer students, prospective students, employees and prospective employees on the basis of religion.
New School Hours: 8:00 AM - 2:15 PM
Chapel: Fridays 9:45 - 10:35 AM
6 Period Days
Through much discussion and prayer about RCHS this summer, we have made the decision to transition our daily schedule to be 6 periods instead of 7. There are three main reasons why this decision was made:
1) Due to the size of our current enrollment for the 2014-15 (85), we needed to streamline as many of the courses as we could. This means less multiple offerings of a single class.
2) This allows us to reach a wider demographic of students who are homeschooled, or a part of a co-op, who are looking for some specialized classes that are taught from a biblical viewpoint. They can opt to attend RCHS as a part time status.
3) Related to the second, but also distinct, is the opportunity to draw part time students who would like to be a part of our sports programs, but cannot opt for full time student status. WIAA requires that an athlete be at least a “half-time” student to participate. With 6 periods, this lessens their requirements to 3 periods, and opens us up to a broader demographic of potential students.
The day will still begin at 8:00am (zero hour class will start at 7:00am), and is slotted to end at 2:15. There will also be options of a 7th Period class (online classes, computer lab access, study time or internship opportunities). We are continuing to expand different ways that RCHS can offer education through intentional ways that utilize technology and hands on experience.
- August 28 - Fall Sports Pictures
Volleyball - 4pm @ Grace Community
All Other Sports - 6pm @ Rainier Christian High School)
- September 2 - First Day of School | School Picture Day
Back to School!
- Suggested School Supplies: Book Covers (5-6), Spiral Notebooks (3-6), Composition Notebook (2+), Folders (2-3), Blue & Black Pens, Red & Green Markers (felt pens), Highlighters, Pencils, Erasers, Glue Stick, 3x5 Index Cards, 3x3 Sticky Note Pad
- Don't Forget to Turn It In: FORMS
A Chance To Give
Making "Monkey Ball" a Reality for RCHS P.E. Next Year
"We are looking for 8 lightweight, plastic tables, measuring 96"x30" that are no longer needed as tables (due to damaged legs or damaged tabletops) but are still useable enough to make barriers for the court. If you know of anyone or anything out there, please, let me know. Thank you!" - Mr. Ainley (RCHS: PE, Health, Senior Bible) Click Here to Email
More Opportunities For You!
Rainier Christian High School is pleased to announce the hiring of Ray Williams to lead our boys basketball program. Coach Ray is a man of God who is basketball minded and Christ-centered.